- Fox Jaw – Sun Goes Sideways
- Chvrches – He Said, She Said
- James – Beautiful Beaches
- Tracey Ullman – Breakaway
- Bay City Rollers – I Only Wanna Be With You
Tag Archives: Bay City Rollers
THE FRIDAY FIVE – 6.7.2018
1. George Ezra – Shotgun
2. Tom Odell – If You Wanna Love Somebody
3. Bay City Rollers – I Only Wanna Be With You
4. Oasis – Columbia
5. James – Coming Home (Part II)
If Brazil v Belgium is a bit boring, or if one team is a couple of goals up, you can switch over to BBC Four for The Story Of 1986.
Oh yes, the Top Of The Pops repeats have now reached 1986.
So, to get you in the mood, here’s a chart.
FIVE SONGS FROM 1986
1. Falco – Rock Me Amadeus
2. Europe – The Final Countdown
3. Peter Gabriel – Sledgehammer
4. Paul Hardcastle – The Wizard
5. Genesis – Land Of Confusion
THE FRIDAY FIVE – 28.11.2014
1. McBusted – Air Guitar
2. Becky Hill – Losing
3. Alexa Goddard – So There
4. Erasure – Always
5. Ting Tings – Shut Up And Let Me Go
This Sunday, is St Andrew’s Day. Do, how about a chart? How about two charts? One for all things Andrew, and one for all things Scottish.
FIVE SONGS BY ACTS WITH A MEMBER CALLED ANDREW
1. Wham! – Freedom
2. Wax – Bridge To Your Heart
3. Roachford – Cuddly Toy
4. Andrew WK – Party Hard
5. Andrew Cole – Outstandin
FIVE SONGS BY SCOTTISH ACTS
1. Biffy Clyro – The Captain
2. Chvrches – Recover
3. Prides – Messiah
4. Strawberry Switchblade – Since Yesterday
5. Bay City Rollers – I Only Wanna Be With You
Last week, was International Men’s Day. Being the big sexist that I am, I forgot about it. So here, is a chart to commemorate it.
FIVE SONGS ABOUT MEN
1. Mansun – Electric Man
2. Michael Jackson – Man In The Mirror
3. REM – Man On the Moon
4. David Bowie – The Man Who Sold The World
5. The Verve – Lucky Man
FIVE SONGS WITH MEN’S NAMES IN THE TITLE
1. Oasis – Little James
2. Paul Simon – You Can Call Me Al
3. Bat For Lashes – Daniel
4. Dexy’s Midnight Runners – Geno
5. Fine Young Cannibals – Johnny Come Home
Last week, on X-Factor, was Elton John v Whitney Houston, that well known rivalry. They’re not even trying any more.
FIVE SONGS BY ELTON JOHN
1. I’m Still Standing
2. Made In England
3. I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues
4. Step Into Christmas
5. Kiss The Bride
FIVE SONGS BY WHITNEY HOUSTON
1. Your Love Is My Love
2. I Wanna Dance With Somebody
3. How Will I Know?
4. I’m Your Baby Tonight
5. If I Told You That (ft George Michael)
50 YEARS OF TOP OF THE POPS : NOV 7 – NOV 13
Fan of The Inbetweeners? Here’s Carli’s real life uncle
Not many birthdays this week, but we’ll try and get a round-up for you.
If you’re getting Sharleen Spiteri something for her birthday, remember, she doesn’t want a lover, she just needs a friend.
Believe it or not, Roy Wood has written more than one song. I have a suspicion we’ll be seeing him again on this blog next month.
And finally, put on your best tartan ……..
Les McKeown can be found these days, judging Scotch Pies.
THE FRIDAY FIVE – 29.11.2013
1. U2 – Ordinary Love
2. Birdy – Light Me Up
3. Bruce Springsteen – High Hopes
4. Imagine Dragons – On Top Of The World
5. Rudimental ft Emeli Sande – Free
So, last week’s X-Factor celebrated ten years of X-Factor. X-Factor. Yep, lots of nice Product Placement for X-Factor. X-Factor.
FIVE SONGS BY ACTS FROM X-FACTOR
1. Matt Cardle – It’s Only Love
2. Olly Murs – Army Of Two
3. Little Mix – Wings
4. Leona Lewis – Forgive Me
5. Jedward – Lipstick
And don’t worry Scottish folk, I haven’t forgotten you. Happy St Andrew’s Day.
FIVE SONGS BY SCOTTISH ACTS
1. Simple Minds – Don’t You Forget About Me
2. Biffy Clyro – The Captain
3. Pilot – Magic
4. Bay City Rollers – I Only Want To Be With You
5. Strawberry Switchblade – Since Yesterday